SFWAR seeks compassionate people committed to:
- Supporting survivors of sexual assault.
- Challenging all forms of oppression that contribute to violence.
- Developing valuable counseling, facilitation, and leadership skills.
- Working/in and from multi-lingual communities.
- Be a part of an inspiring community working for social justice!
Volunteers are an integral part of the organization and the backbone to many of our services. We have an average of 90 active volunteers at any given time. We are looking for volunteers who are interested in becoming Sexual Assault Counselors as well as volunteers who can provide support with organizational special events, fundraising and administrative tasks.
We have an application and interview screening process for all prospective volunteers. We accept applications year round.
To apply, please Download the Volunteer Application and email it to email@example.com
Sexual Assault Counselor Training
Volunteer as a Sexual Assault Counselor as a form of resilience, as a form of healing, as a form of love!
SFWAR provides free California Certified Sexual Assault Counselor Training to prepare volunteers to become rape crisis counselors. Sexual Assault Counselors staff our 24-hour hotline, provide medical advocacy and accompaniment to survivors at San Francisco General Hospital, provide in-person individual counseling, and facilitate support groups. We ask for a 1 year volunteer commitment.
The Sexual Assault Counselor Training lasts for a month and is held on Tuesday & Thursday Evenings from 5:30 – 9:30 pm and Saturdays 9:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Participation in monthly continuing education is also required.
Download the Volunteer Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to be a SFWAR Sexual Assault Counselor.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- SFWAR seeks volunteers for general support (Uncertified Volunteer Contract)
- SFWAR seeks volunteers for day-of-event support (Uncertified Volunteer Contract – Day Only Support)
Internships are generally available to SFWAR certified counselors. Interested counselors may reach out to email@example.com for current internship opportunities.