Now more than ever, San Francisco Women Against Rape needs our community to support the valuable work of ending sexual violence.
As the economic climate worsens, critical services are being gutted by the government, leaving survivors of sexual assault with little options for healing. Cuts in education, health care, and other social services are increasing the demand for our services while at the same time decreasing money and resources for our work.
San Francisco Women Against Rape is the primary provider of rape crisis intervention and prevention services in the City and County of San Francisco. As the second oldest rape crisis center in the country, SFWAR has demonstrated indispensable leadership and expertise in addressing the specific needs of survivors of rape and sexual assault.
Last year, with your support, we:
- Offered support to over 3,000 calls on our 24-hour crisis hotline;
- Provided direct services to over 800 survivors and 60 family members;
- Gave rape prevention and education presentations to over 2000 teens;
- Taught self-defense classes to nearly 500 women and girls;
. . . and much more.
Ways to Give
- Ask your job about matching gifts. Several corporations have “matching gifts” programs that match, and even sometimes double, donations you give to non-profits. Find out if your job has such a program and double the impact of your donation.
- Round up your old clothes and bring them to Community Thrift(623 Valencia Street, Mission District). Tell them the donation is for SFWAR. Better yet, invite friends over for a “clothes swap” party. People bring all the clothes they don’t want and trade with other party goers. The leftovers go to Community Thrift. There are some items they do not except. For questionable donations, please call Community Thrift first at 415-861-4910.
- Schedule a free electronic waste pick up with EWaste 4 Good. Tell them the donation is for SFWAR.
- Donate an old car to Donate for Charityor toll free at (866) 392-4483). They pick it up and handle all the legal work for you. Make sure to tell them it is for SFWAR and the proceeds will benefit our services.
- When you use Good Search as your search engine, proceeds go to your selected community organization. You can also track how much money you have raised and the total amount SFWAR has raised through Good Search.
- Send us your unused BART Tickets. Find your unused BART tickets with any amount of money left on them and send them to SFWAR, 3543 18th St. #7, San Francisco, CA 94110. BART and the East Bay Community Fund have teamed up to donate proceeds from “tiny tickets” to participating organizations like SFWAR.